Did You Know?
Incident-to services are widely misunderstood. Most providers are unclear about the CMS guidelines and may be billing for their non-physician practitioner (NPP) services non-compliantly.
Do you know the answers to any of the following questions?
- What are the employment guidelines for incident-to services?
- What are the place of service (POS) restrictions for incident-to services?
- What are the type of service restrictions for incident-to services?
- What level of physician involvement and medical record documentation is required for incident-to services?
- Does the physician need to be in the office suite or is being available by telephone acceptable?
- If the physician is part of a group practice, can any group member supervise the incident-to service?
Get the facts: